Author Topic: Tigers game  (Read 3333 times)

topps

• View Profile
Tigers game
« on: August 06, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »
I am so annoyed that Tigers have treated NRFC like they have over our game on the 26th . I had recently booked my train ticket so really  annoyed . I don't believe the story that they can only play one game in a new pitch . We have been relegated to a rugby club somewhere south east of the city and they game is now at 4pm . Needless to say I won't be going .

Mike Raffone

• View Profile
Re: Tigers game
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 03:55:11 PM »
I think this shows a lack of respect, I too don't believe the explanation for the switch of the venue!!

maire23

• Green and white- the best colours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 08:30:27 PM »
I'm furious as well- I was planning to come to the game and had booked a train ticket which cost £65! Luckily I was able to change it and I'm going to the London Irish game instead but it just goes to show that Tigers are more bothered about themselves.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:28:18 PM by maire23 »
Maire 😊
Proud to be Irish 💚
Nottingham agus Éire rugby- an meascán is fearr ! Fáilte leaids Éireannacha .

Nottinghamrugbymad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 03:44:34 PM »
I do not understand why this is not being played at Lady Bay.
If only Nottingham was in Wales it would be perfect

Skeletor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 11:06:30 AM »
A chance to put some money into coffers after the summer wouldn't be a bad plan.  I would prefer to see us play against a Nat 1 team at home rather than a Tiger's Academy team at their training ground.  Does seem strange not to have a pre season game at home to get folk interested again.

maire23

• Green and white- the best colours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 02:30:47 PM »
Game now off as Tigers seemingly can't be bothered to field a team!
Maire 😊
Proud to be Irish 💚
Nottingham agus Éire rugby- an meascán is fearr ! Fáilte leaids Éireannacha .

Nottinghamrugbymad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 02:52:12 PM »
I am so glad I took the day off work to go to the original game and then made other plans when it was moved otherwise the day would have been a total right-off.
Worse it upsets the build up for the new season.
How frustrating for all, especially the players and coaches.

topps

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 03:01:22 PM »
Really !!! how extraordinary . Where has that been announced

Pastie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 04:45:26 PM »
Good post Shush , I'll second that ..

pete the belvoir

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 09:14:00 PM »
A good point, maybe, but not for someone who has organised tickets, cabs and a minibus for a party from Bottesford to take both games. I managed to overcome the pathetic ballot fiasco and received passes for the Oadby game. Members of my party had also organised time off work. So you book tickets and transport in good faith and in good time and what happens? I had warmed slightly towards our Premiership neighbours when they agreed to overlook the ballot for my group, but now we find ourselves shafted again by the utter arrogance they seem to display to anyone who doesn't speak Tiger. The main objective for our trip was to get more interest from out here in the sticks for the Green and Whites. It has worked before and we've brought new members to the club over the last few years as a result. The irony this time around is that the people who have booked still want to go, but they will now be tempted by the Tigers. So as organiser, I will be travelling to Welford Road on Friday evening, but if anyone has an Ospreys shirt going spare for the weekend, let me know because I for one will be shouting big time for the boys from the Principality and there's not an ounce of Welshness in me!

pete the belvoir

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 09:21:19 PM »
As a postscript, does anybody know what the Tigers squad were doing on Tuesday evening to gather this worrying spate of niggling injuries? I can only assume they were injured on Tuesday, otherwise they would have announced the cancellation a little earlier so that travelling fans could make alternative arrangements.
Wouldn't they?

topps

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »
That is awful . Can you contact Tigers  and ask for some compensation . I did talk to your wife earlier and she mentioned it .
I also mentioned it to the club and they thought that some recompense is due
I never experienced this before . Such disrespect to another rugby Club

Nottinghamrugbymad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 09:02:12 AM »
On the plus side we now get a game at Lady Bay on Friday with a 6pm k/o - hooray, cannot wait.

topps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 09:13:05 PM »
Great start to the season . Good game .guys looked fit . Nottingham won . Hooray

Pastie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 08:25:08 AM »
For me the stand out players were , Josh Poulet ( apologies if spelt wrong ) and Will Millet . Definitely two to watch .
With the average age of 22 we will probably be the youngest in the Championship but wobetide any team that takes that into consideration .
A good show last night just a shame the numbers were low .