Author Topic: 2016/17 Season Launch  (Read 2237 times)

Nottingham Rugby

• View Profile
2016/17 Season Launch
« on: August 11, 2016, 03:10:43 PM »
Nottingham Rugby supporters are invited to attend the clubís 2016/17 Season Launch event, which will take place at Lady Bay on Wednesday 24th August, starting at 6pm.

This yearís event promises to be bigger and better than in previous years, with Nottingham fans being able to meet the players and the new-look coaching team, get a first glimpse at the new, updated Playerlayer home and away kits for the clubís 140th anniversary season and mingle with staff, sponsors and fellow Green and Whites supporters.

Younger Nottingham followers will also be catered for, with a kidís photo area, where youngsters can have their photos with a selection of Green & Whites players, whilst the Hall-Fast Nottingham Rugby tri-post inflatable and throw boards will also be there on the night.

The itinerary for the evening can be found below. Please note that timings are approximate:
6:00pm - Season ticket sales and season ticket collection, including free junior season tickets
6:30pm - Welcome and introduction of Ian Costello and new coaching team
6:45pm - Introductions of Nottingham Rugby Academy players and staff and academy sponsors
7:00pm - Introduction of senior players and sponsors
7:30pm - Q&A session

The marquee bar will be open, selling drinks and bar snacks, whilst samples of the coming seasonís brand new range of hot bar food will also be available for supporters to taste. Please note that hot food will not be available to purchase on the night.

For any further information regarding the event, please contact the club office on 0115 907 0070 or email simon.ball-mcqueen@nottinghamrugby.co.uk.

beak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016/17 Season Launch
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:34:23 AM »
Anyone have any clues on what the exciting news might be?

Woody

• Forever Green
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 12:55:39 PM »
Yes we need to do some wild speculating to make it more exciting....

Do we think it will be personnel based? Maybe Paul O'Connell coming to do some cheer-leading?
Financial? Grounds development? What is the state of the planning app?

I cannot make it. Will some kind soul report back please?
The member formally known as Bleedsgreenanwhite.

Shush

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 05:00:31 PM »

Je ne sais pas.

gerryt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 12:19:36 PM »
We're getting more porta-loos  ;)

We're solvent.  Nah

The neighbours have decided they like us . Only joking

God only knows but like the slightly mischievous approach from a club that does
tend to be a bit po-faced. I'm going to try and attend

Justin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 12:36:19 PM »
Something French related going by Shush's comment.

Woody

• Forever Green
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 10:11:17 PM »
What news from the launch?

beak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 08:12:59 AM »
Yes what was the exciting news?

Nottinghamrugbymad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 09:11:02 AM »
Very interesting and positive evening.
The club is closer to approaching break-even than ever before. It sounds like some Herculean work has been done in that regard and the sponsorship target is at 90%. Excellent.
There are now properly plumbed in toilets - hooray.
The academy is going very well.
The new squad, whilst very young, is bigger than last season and look very fit. The new coaching set up looks first class.
However the biggest news was around the plans for the near future at LB where the club is looking at a rubber crumb pitch and permanent stand.
This is subject to the club raising from the support base funding to match that which they have already secured in principle.
Very exciting and could be the best thing that has happened to the club for a very long time.
I am sure there will be lots more information on this shortly but I would recommend anyone who wants more detail to contact the club direct.
I came out feeling very optimistic.
If only Nottingham was in Wales it would be perfect

Woody

• Forever Green
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 10:35:20 AM »
That all sounds great. Thanks for the update.
Do we have planning permission now then?

Nottinghamrugbymad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 11:15:58 AM »
For the temporary stands? I don't know tbh, not been following it.

big russ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 12:30:53 PM »
to echo Nottingham rugby mad comments, it was a very positive evening.
the coaches were very impressive and positive and the players although young looked fit, strong and ready for the season.
I also got a real feel of the team spirit within the squad which was great.
I also liked the academy having a part of the evening as well, they made a big point of the players that have moved from there to the first team and that is something which will help the club.
the biggest thing for me though was the positive strides the club have made to the point where instead of living season by season they are actually talking about the future and building the club to make it better.
all in all a very successful evening

topps

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »
I agree . Very positive presentation , impressed by the coaching staff . Fit players albeit a young team . I will be great to see them in the first game of the season . Great plans for the club . Hopefully we won't have the objections to the developments that we had last year .
Excited
u

gerryt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »
Well I don't want to be the spectre at the feast but my take on the evening was very positive in parts and over optimistic in others. As others have said the coaching staff , the Academy lads, the First Team Squad and plan to develop our very own supply of players for the future were all very positive and I got a real kick out of it all. But the plan to raise and spend large sums of money on ground improvements I take with a pinch of salt. I thought some of the figures banded about were shall we say optimistic. Break even this year ? Raise £500,000 by donation at £1500 a pop? Attendances of 4,000 after the ground improvements? If the major provider of the cash was named I didn't get hear it and I think no mention of planning permission
But the really good news is that we can expect some terracing ! I think that's the really exciting news

Nottinghamrugbymad

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 03:39:12 PM »
I don't think they would need pp for a rubber crumb pitch, it is not a change of use, but I may be wrong there. The stand would definitely need it.
As far as the fund-raising/match funding I think we should wait for the full information which will no doubt follow soon.
I would certainly be prepared to put up £1500 for programmed/consented infrastructure that would benefit the club AND grass roots rugby, minis/juniors, other local clubs and so on.
A 365 day a year pitch would be usable for several games a day without issue.
This is just what rugby in Nottingham is lacking and could also benefit the uni's.
Chucking cash down a well is not an attractive idea and I would not do that, but I think this is a completely different thing.
Separately if the board can get the club to break even then they deserve an open top bus around the city center and a ticker tape parade.
What a delight to be able to feel so positive about the club after all the trials of the last ten years.