Author Topic: Yorkshire (Leeds) Carnegie  (Read 2338 times)

Shush

Yorkshire (Leeds) Carnegie
« on: September 08, 2016, 09:15:57 AM »

Ok people what are your predictions for Sunday's match?

Justin

• View Profile
Re: Yorkshire (Leeds) Carnegie
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:46:38 AM »
A spirited display resulting in a loss.

gerryt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 11:11:04 AM »
Bit early in the season to make predictions on a single match Shush but ignorance has never held me back before . So for what its worth , I thought from the match reports and the video that Leeds score of 30-13 against Ealing flattered them . Leeds scored 10 points late on and Ealing missed some good scoring opportunities. And Ealing are expected ( by the so called experts ) to be near the bottom of the pile come the end of the season. But who knows.
What Leeds have is a big pack and some very slick handling - showing their League connections ? Defence more suspect and a crap line out. I think they'll beat us but not by much - could be a high scoring 5-2 points result

Shush

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »

Wow Gerryt, I think you did extremely well considering your early season apprehensions. I agree with you, narrow margin for Leeds but the boys will battle till the end.

beak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 06:10:17 PM »
I would happily take a bonus point this weekend as without a doubt it will be a tough game. If we look to take something from most away games we will be doing alright.

maire23

• Green and white- the best colours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 07:00:27 PM »
If you believe Rolling Maul it will be a Leeds whitewash. However stranger things have happened and I reckon we could give them a run for their money...
Maire 😊
Proud to be Irish 💚
Nottingham agus Éire rugby- an meascán is fearr ! Fáilte leaids Éireannacha .

gerryt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 09:37:22 AM »
Maire , it was some of the posters on Rolling Maul , mainly from two clubs in our league , that I had in mind when talking about "so called experts"

Woody

• Forever Green
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »
So we apparently have a bucket of injuries and most of the DRs have gone home but are not in the Warriors squad. Hope the team can cope with the disruption and put up a good fight.

It would be nice to get the old feature back where the injuries and rehabilitation were shared with the supporters through the website.

Good luck boys.
The member formally known as Bleedsgreenanwhite.

gerryt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 02:28:47 PM »
I think I might just have to revise my forecast of us getting two bonus points. I cannot believe that we are being forced into so many changes after having played just one game. Personnel changes, positional changes and even the skipper has been changed. I suspect ( but hope not) that its going to be men against boys

Shush

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 04:42:39 PM »

So we apparently have a bucket of injuries and most of the DRs have gone home but are not in the Warriors squad. Hope the team can cope with the disruption and put up a good fight.

I imagine the Worcester boys are needed for an 'A' league match.

Shush

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 04:54:00 PM »
 Great to see Calum Hall make his first league appearance, his cousin has international honours but can anyone tell us who he/she is?

There are no prizes and Google isn't allowed.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:55:08 PM by Shush »

Ts86

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 07:33:17 PM »
I thought we had the Worcester boys on a season long DR deal, so was quite surprised to read they have gone back.

Still a relatively strong side, but will be a challenge against Leeds.

beak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 05:38:19 PM »
Well we had a chance to draw the game at the end but we still took away 2 points from the game. From the sound of it we probably should have won but for a young side this will hopefully come through experience. Very positive though.

maire23

• Green and white- the best colours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 06:29:47 PM »
If Rayner had scored the conversions he missed we would have won! It was a good match, we were tenacious and determined until the last. At times our defence was amazing other times not so amazing. Carnegie made a lot of mistakes and we rightly punished them for it. Really think we should have won this but two bonus points isn't to be sniffed at- onwards and upwards!
Maire 😊
Proud to be Irish 💚
Nottingham agus Éire rugby- an meascán is fearr ! Fáilte leaids Éireannacha .

Shush

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 08:56:56 PM »
 Answer to the question I asked regarding Calum Hall's cousin, Matthew Tate is Calum's cousin. Matt plays for Leicester Tigers and has also wore the G & W of Nottingham.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:59:55 PM by Shush »