Author Topic: Away travel  (Read 1147 times)

Mike Raffone

• View Profile
Away travel
« on: November 05, 2016, 09:08:51 AM »
Yet again, we have no Green Army trip to an away game but we are highly likely to have more than 20 fans at Goldington Road this afternoon.
How do we encourage our travelling fans to travel together on same coach???

topps

• View Profile
Re: Away travel
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 11:46:25 AM »
I think that the answer is the cost . We need to aim for it to be cheaper than travelling by car . What does everyone else think

Shush

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 12:54:00 PM »
 I think you're spot on topps, to think four people using a coach to Bedford (return) would be 80, but by car 30 would cover the fuel cost. The only downside in travelling by car is someone can't have a beer or two.

Skeletor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 03:40:44 PM »
Very doubtful it is going to ever be cheaper that travelling by car.  A smaller coach whilst numbers are small? Who is actually running the GA at the moment?  People are not going to keep booking on a trip if they never run.  Perhaps a presence at home games, didn't they used to have a table so you could book on at the ground?

Nottinghamrugbymad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 04:46:46 PM »
Trips need to be advertised more widely so folk know they are happening.
Nothing worse than cancelling trips as you are not likely to book again if you have been let down.
If only Nottingham was in Wales it would be perfect

pete the belvoir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 08:33:17 AM »
It's also worth bearing in mind that for those supporters who live in the wilds of the east, the A1 is sometimes a preferred option for travelling to Yorkshire, Bedford and the London clubs - Carnegie, Roth, Donny and the Blues are all just over an hour away. That leaves Pirates and possibly London Irish as the only away matches where a coach from NG2 would be an advantage.

Nottinghamrugbymad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 09:15:11 AM »
The coach used to do a pick up in Beeston, where at least a dozen people got on.
I never understood why that was stopped.
If only Nottingham was in Wales it would be perfect

topps

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 06:06:44 PM »
I think that it is great to have commentary on this topic almost like survey monkey . Why did everyone stop using the coach , things change for our supporters , for me having a grandchild locally has more demands on my time .
I also live in the east of the county and totally support your thoughts that a trip up or down the A1 is so much shorter , someone mentioned Beeston and yes I do remember that very well . Do we currently have supporters in Beeston that would travel by coach . We have had a few great games so let's do all we can to grow the away support again .
Please everyone share your thoughts about what you want from away travel . This must be a positive
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:02:11 PM by topps »

NRFC1974

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 12:07:21 AM »
Maybe the way forward is to encourage car sharing - this has happened on occasions in the past. A coach is relatively inflexible - it involves a commitment to a particular time scale - prematch drinks/meal, post match ditto (or not). It also entails quite a lot of forward planning.
A game for oafs played by gentlemen