Author Topic: Buddy System  (Read 783 times)

Proper

• View Profile
Buddy System
« on: December 22, 2016, 02:21:13 PM »
Trust we will be hearing from the club shortly concerning its views on the proposed 'Buddy' system to save the Championship from its potential demise !

Keen fan

• View Profile
Re: Buddy System
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 04:34:02 PM »
Proper - what is the proposed 'buddy' system?

Proper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 04:13:19 PM »
It was the headline item in The Rugby Paper last week. It involved each Championship club becoming a 'buddy' with a Premiership club in order to be able to use up to 10 of their underused squad. However it would be only 4 if the Championship club retained stated promotion ambitions. Above would be dependent upon the play offs for promotion being dropped. The good thing, there would be a substantial increase in funding for the Championship clubs.

Have I got the main things correct ?

Shush

Proper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »
I note Jeff Probyn in his article in the 27 December issue of The Rugby Paper has pointed out all the negative features of the proposed Buddy system most of which had occurred to me.

For me the simple answer is to go for a first past the post system for promotion and increase the funding to the Championsip teams by at least a million and be a little less generous with funding for the Premiership teams.