Author Topic: Supporters Evening  (Read 941 times)

Nottingham Rugby

• View Profile
Supporters Evening
« on: July 04, 2017, 02:26:11 PM »
The club would like to extend an invitation to Green and Whites supporters to attend a special Supporters Evening, at The Bay, on Thursday 13th July, beginning at 7pm and lasting for approximately one hour.

The evening will begin with a 30 minute Q&A session with head coach Ian Costello, who will be able to update fans on the squad’s progress over the summer and his plans for the forthcoming new season.

Club staff members will then be on hand to update supporters on facility developments and to discuss new proposals for organising supporters’ away travel. The floor will then be opened, to listen to any ideas fans may have to help the club move forward, around the areas of fan engagement and participation, and promoting greater cohesion with the playing squad and staff.

Supporters will also be able to purchase their 2017/18 Season Tickets and Home & Away Player Sponsorships on the night.

Archer’s Bar will be open from 6:30pm, with tea, coffee and biscuits available, along with bottled beers and bar snacks. The proceedings are set to begin at 7pm sharp, with all supporters welcome to attend.

beak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Supporters Evening
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 09:40:21 PM »
 Can anyone provide any info on tonight as I couldn't get down.

BrIcKtOp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 11:42:24 PM »
Very open evening with some honest answers from the Coaching & Operations Team i counted 50 odd fans. Steve Smith & Ian Costello led & took some good questions from the floor. It's apparent that the club is wanting to invest in their players & the local Rugby communities they see the long term value. Lots of questions on last year performances & league position & IC sees us as a top 6 or top 4 side in this second year of  his periodization. The players have bought into the new S & C guy who has brought in something new in POWER also he's an expert in prehab & rehab the players are heavier as a result & we are up to a 900kg pack weight. Everards staying put ( I think he's a good Captain ) even though Costello's face told me some dissatisfaction with other roles. Their will be an open pre-season training session for the fans.

The evening over ran which was a good thing as their was lots of questions & was light humoured one thing I did noticed was the average age was high. The clubs aiming for more bums on seats but recognise that comes with more success on the park it was mentioned local TV & Radio do not give the club airtime.

So its up to friends & fans of the club to visit more often & promote the club with social media ect or just treat a friend as I will on the back of good feeling from tonight the players are working hard doing their bit & we should do ours.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 11:47:42 PM by BrIcKtOp »

topps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 05:43:40 AM »
I agree with all of the above . Looking forward to next year . The players present very obviously had a great relationship with IC
Great to welcome the new bar manager Matt landlord of the Manvers Arms at Radcliffe . I big rugby fan and great landlord

Justin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 12:20:55 PM »
Anything mentioned about players yet to be announced, loans, DRs?

big russ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 02:18:33 PM »
i was really impressed with the openness of the coaching staff.
I also liked the fact of how aware they were of what went wrong last year and what they have put in place to correct it this year from the new conditioning to the size to the quality of the new signings.
they also said with the exception of Rob Langley they have kept all the players they wanted to from last years squad and added size, depth and quality where needed.
he did say I believe there will be some loans/dual reg coming in including a second row (correct me if wrong)
they also talked about the relationships being built with premiership clubs including Wasps, Worcester and Leicester where not only have they been offered players to take on loan but they have also received open invitations to go to see how they coach and learn as well
off the field the new away day travel sounds good, there are efforts being made to get involved with more schools and colleges and the new tables and chairs in the marquee look good as well
all in all a very positive evening

Proper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 09:02:30 PM »
As far as I know the only ways that a non-committed local can be made aware of a pending Nottingham RFC home match is if he/she reads the Thursday or Friday Nottingham Post in full or hears about it by word of mouth or happens to be passing by the entrance to our ground.

Otherwise he/she would have to deliberately look for such a match via BBC Sport/Rugby Union/Fixtures on the Web or TV, or via his/her Friday or Saturday daily newspaper.

Hence we have a major problem in attracting bigger crowds !

beak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 08:24:21 AM »
Thank you for the feedback. All sounds promising. Great news in the pack as we were clearly outgunned up front on several occasions last season. On a heavy pitch like Lady Bay this certainly needed addressing.

beak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »
Also was there any update on the clubs finances and ground redevelopment?

Pastie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 05:00:37 PM »
Big Russ , who actually said , " apart from Rob Langley we have kept everyone we wanted from last seasons squad ".
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:02:54 PM by Pastie »

big russ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 08:33:19 AM »
it was Ian Costello.
I am aware that in preseason there are certain things the coaching staff will always say but he did say that.