Author Topic: World Rugby Sevens  (Read 1045 times)

Nottingham Scottish

• green & white exterior with a soft saltire centre
    • View Profile
World Rugby Sevens
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:08:23 AM »

Breaking news.....

Scotland snatched a first World Rugby Sevens Series title with a last-gasp victory over South Africa in the London Sevens final at Twickenham on Sunday 22 May 2016.

The Scots trailed 26-15 with 30 seconds left but Edinburgh wing Dougie Fife scored twice - the second in added time to clinch a thrilling 27-26 win.
Scotland upset England 17-0 in the quarter-finals before beating the USA 24-17 in the semis to reach their first final.

The squad included four players - Jamie Farndale, Gavin Lowe, Scott Riddell and Mark Robertson who are named in a 25-man Great Britain squad for the Olympics who will gather on 30 May for an intensive seven-week training block in preparation for the Rio Games.

Shared a few cheeky little malts last night in celebration :)

Nottinghamrugbymad

• View Profile
Re: World Rugby Sevens
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »
Great to see Scotland finally winning something !
I was at the Australia match with Mrs Nottinghamrugbymad who is Scottish and we were both absolutely gutted by that last minute defeat.
If only Nottingham was in Wales it would be perfect

Shush

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:51:57 PM »

Having visited Derby myself, I can see why the Jocks turned round and buggered off home!

Shush

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »

Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
 Were YOU advised to walk 500 more?
 You may be entitled to compensation.
 Call the Pro Claimers NOW   ;)

Shush

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:12:58 PM »

If the rest of the UK can't understand the Proclaimers how the bloody hell are they gonna understand them in Hong Kong?  ;D ;D ;D